Thursday, January 10, 2013

130108 Tuesday Pushing Mania


8-Jan
In bed around 8:15, but took until 10p to fall asleep.  Bit of an unproductive mood all day & it left me feeling unsettled in the PM.  Eyes too tired to read, but when I'd turn the candle off (one of those electric ones) my mind would keep going.  Finally fell asleep when I went down on the couch & camped out with Hoka.  Up at 5am.  Felt tired...probably mostly a bit hung over from 2 melatonin I ended up taking, but made the decision to make it a more productive day & it was! It's awesome how that works!

6:30am
A. Push press x10/Push jerk x5/Split jerk x1; rest 2 min x5 complexes
83lbs, 88lbs, 93lbs, 95lbs, 95lbs.  Wowsers.  I haven't done any pressing over head of this kind of volume.  Good stuff.  I sickly enjoyed this.  But must admit that the rest periods were more like 2:30-3m for the last couple of sets.  

B. 50 hand release push ups for time
2:47
Oh the push-up.  So basic, yet sometimes so tough!  My neck started to flex in all funky after rep 20.  I never noticed I did this before.  Will pay attention to it next time!  My dogs were quite supportive regardless.  :)  

Coached for a few hours and then...
~11am
 So I did the first round as written with the 30m h/s walk, but it took me over 8 minutes to get the 3 laps of 30feet which put me through with round one at 9:25.  I didn't feel as though this was intended to be a 40+ minute sufferfest so I scaled it back to 30ft or ~10m per round.  My upper body pushers were fried and the walking definitely felt harder than I remember a few weeks back when we did it on a friday am.  Was good to practice in more of a muscular fatigued state.    
Got almost all the rope climbs in 2 pulls.  But I'm totally not utilizing the little "grooves" in my shoes I believe are intended for the climb...can't seem to hang out with that part of my heel.  (Amber...I need some rope climb coaching!!  Especially on the descent too!  :)) Let's make it happen!

+
4 rounds for time:
30 meter hs walk
3 rope climbs
Round 1 in 9:25 then modified next three rounds (see above) to: 
Round 2 in 14:45
Round 3 Started at 16 finished at 20:25
Round 4 Started at 22:10 Finised at 24:25.  

No comments:

Post a Comment