Monday, April 9, 2012

Fuel on double training days



This is the first season in 5 years of CF that I am using any kind of pre/post workout drinks.  It should be good for competition as previously I've never known what to eat and end up picking away at bananas, dates, sweet potatoes and usually chicken b/w events.  My stomach can handle food pretty well with exercise, but I have had issues with blood sugar balance at past events so it's exciting to get my fuel narrowed down.  One step at a time! 

Food on days like this is always a bit strange.  It's now 2pm, I've been up since 5 and this is what I've eaten thus far: 
5:30a MaxFibre drink with VMG and Max energy vitamins
6:15am Drink w/1scoop goat protein, 1 scoop Refuel
6:30am about 4oz half cup coffee with whole cream
8am Post workout drink w/2 scoops goat protein, 1 scoop Refuel 
9:30am about two bites of packed food which was salad with ham, goat chz & EVOO 
12:30p Pre workout drink w/1scoop goat protein, 1 scoop Refuel
1:00 workout 
1:45 Post workout drink w/2scoops goat protein, 1 scoop Refuel.  
2:30 Couple more bites of packed food, but mostly leaving it for Corey as his day is longer than mine. 
3-3:30 Short hike with the dogs until the rain hit!
5:15 Made it home and first "real" meal: Salad with about 6 varieties of greens, ham, cheese, pineapple, avocado, EVOO.  +2VMG vitamins
7:00 One more bowl of food before bed: Salmon, avocado, greens, red peppers, cheese, EVOO.  I almost finished it all but was a bit too much salmon.  
8:00 2VMG vitamins & in bed. 





No comments:

Post a Comment