Monday, April 9, 2012

Training 4/712

Sleep: 8:30/9-5:30ish.  Another tough day to get out of bed.
Stromboli for dinner on Saturday.  (Nope, not gluten-free.  :)

7:30am
Struggled a bit to get motivated for this one, but turned out OK.  All UB except for 15 T2B.  Dropped at 9 & rhythm was totally off on 10-15.  Should have dropped and quickly reset my kip rhythm when I lost it.  I think it would have been worth the seconds.  Was happy with how snappy the HPCs felt.  For the 21s I felt like my elbows were not getting around in front of the bar, but I have a tendency to sometimes over exaggerate full range movements and it can cost me seconds when others are flying through.  Hence, I'm focused on moving as fast as possible in training as I have the confidence that if reps do get called in competition I can easily adjust.  But if I'm going slow the judge doesn't tell me to move faster.  :)
Along the lines of moving faster I could certainly move a bit faster on those burpees!
I was a bit shocked but please to be able to knock out the first set of 21 T2B UB.  7 was the most I was hitting in warm up.
Grip was the main limiter.

21-15-9
Hang power cleans 75#
Burpees
Toes to bar
5:26  
I think I have a sub 5 on this next time.  


2:30pm 
70 minute hike at Bent Creek with Corey and the dogs. Beautiful day! 







No comments:

Post a Comment