Monday, April 9, 2012

Training 4/8/12 Leg burner

Sleep 9p-6am  
2 afternoon chocolate PB eggs.  Isn't there a law about eating chocolate on Easter?  Honestly, they were the good chocolate eggs, but not even all that good.  The bag is back in the freezer.  






They tasted as good as they look!  Thx Meg!

The Parkway in the spring. 


Training @ 11am
I don't normally go into the gym/town on Sundays as the drive gets a bit much over the week, but Kate was in town from Charleston visiting her family for Easter!  I won't see her again until she competes at the SE Regionals in 3 short weeks!  


Hand stand walk and a bit more triple jump practice for warm up. 





3 rounds For time:
100 double unders
40 sandbag walking lunges

2:25ish/5:30ish/8:09  


Hit 98 double unders to kick it off!  That's gotta be a 20 rep or so PB.  Now I know I have 100+ in me.  Focused more on relaxing the heels down which I have been neglecting to do in some of my recent DU sessions.  Helped the legs to not tire out as fast, but when I do start to tire I find it more difficult to stay relaxed through the lower leg & you can see me staying on my toes in later sets.  
After the first round the next best set was low 30s.  I wasn't tripping all that much, but kept stopping and restarting.  I definitely started giving up a bit on the 2nd round of DUs but stayed more positive during round 3.  I need to work on fighting through a bit more with these.  Walking lunges got the legs burning but able to move consistently throughout.  


4pm: Solo hike with dogs on Blue Ridge Parkway.  35min out/mostly up & 22 min back...ran majority of it with some 60-90s breaks.  Legs feeling good despite all the lunging this morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment