Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Training 4/4/12

Sleep 8p-5a 


4-Apr
7AM
@97% effort:
5 rounds for time:
12 thrusters 65#
21 double unders


I was excited to see this first workout largely b/c I have felt like I wanted a redo at 65lb thrusters ever since 12.5 and I gave up on myself with my original goal of UB thrusters in that workout.  Today was my chance.  Despite how I felt in that workout I was still a bit nervous for this one.  "Can I do it?  What's 5 rounds of 12 going to feel like?"  


First round was about 46s. 
2nd round about 59s (tripped on number 20 here)
3rd round 59s (no trips)  
4th round ~59s
5th round ~50s  
Well, the approximate rounds come out to 4:33 and my overall time was 4:39 so the estimations are off.  I had to go off sound of the DUs in my video after end 2 as the camera fell flat.  
HR 180 immediately following, 144 60s later. 


Lots of positive self-talk went on today.  Focused on my breathing, staying relaxed.  Going into the third round I said, "Ok, middle round, let's do this!"  4th round was simply, "you're doing great, stay with it."  5th round was then, "You've got it, finish strong!"  My goal was UB thrusters and sub 5.  I'm happy.  
 


Coached 8-9:30 did some admin stuff then updated this blog and definitely drug my feet going into this last one but certainly not as much dread as last Wednesday's row/hspu workout.  So I'm in a better place with thrusters but still struggling to get excited about the urg. URG!  :) I'm cautious to say this as that typically means I'll get thrown a bunch of it until I do get better with it, but hey that's why I have a coach.  I think part of the problem with me and the rower is that I don't know what to shoot for when it comes to pacing and you have that screen staring you in the face the whole time.  I never enjoyed treadmills when I was a runner. Yet when I was a runner I understood pacing each pace meant something to me.  I don't have that same understanding with row splits.  


1PM
@97% effort:
3 rounds for time:
Row 250m
10 burpee box jumps 20"


Rnd/Row/Burpee bx jump split
1/58.0/41s
2/59.1/39s
3/59.2/38s
Overall 5:37 
HR at 180 immediately following, 156 60s later. 





No comments:

Post a Comment