Sunday, December 11, 2011

Construction Series Part 2

Sleep 10p-6:30am
Throat felt much improved upon waking today, but energy levels still feeling a bit low.
Road back from Durham with a couple from my gym after the whole drama of me losing my ignition key yesterday.  As such, I was on their schedule and we left at 8 rather than my solo plan of 6am to get back to the gym and do the workout with the small crew at CFA.

Low back still improving, but continue to be aware of it.
Event 1:
Max power snatch + 1 set UB C2B pull-ups
97lbs/44kgs.  Hit a 102lbs snatch, but too deep.  Missed twice trying to stay shallow.  Been awhile since I snatched and I'm back to my old habit of jumping forward.  It was quite ugly.
25 C2B pull-ups.  Wasn't feeling too jazzed here, but got it done.



Event 2:
15-10-5
Squat cleans 95lbs
Ring dips
6:35

Low back a bit bothersome to control bar down so dropped each rep from top.  As a result moved pretty damn slow through these.  Was feeling quite unmotivated the entire time, but just wanted to get it done.
Ring dips felt easy, but again not feeling super motivated.   Broken up as follows: 15: 5 sets of 3. 10: 3, 3, 2, 2. 5: 4, 1

Event 3:
In 27 minutes complete a 5k row and max rep burpees.
Opted out.  I know myself well enough to determine when I'm being a mental wimp and when my body is just feeling run down.  When it's the latter I don't feel the need to prove anything.  Although I hate the feeling of doing something incomplete.  There will be other days.

Time for rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment