Thursday, December 29, 2011

Training 12/25/11 Christmas DHill Sprints




Sleep: 930p-530am
Sugar:  client's homemade family recipe egg nog.  The real kiind with a kick.  Delicious.  I added some Ben & Jerry's Red Velvet Cake to it.  Yum!

Training @830am fasted except for coffee w/cream

2 mile run with 4 x 20s surges at the top of 10, 12, 14 & 16 minutes

5x 30-45s hill sprints @ 80-90% grinder effort. 3-4 min walk/jog down recovery.

followed by: 2 mile run with 4 x 20s surges again at top of 10, 12, 14 & 16 minutes.


Experience: I paid for last Sunday's hill sprints all week long with sore lower legs.  This time I decided to take the conservative approach.  I did my first one for max distance in 30s and worked to replicate it each interval.  I did and was able to in 29/30s each time while feeling powerful and able to focus on driving my knees vs last week I felt like I was just trying to hang on. 
Recovery was significantly better too able to get back down the hill sooner obviously and jog around for a minute or so before the next with 3:30 rest b/w each.  Wasn't dreading the start like last time.  I did count steps agin and was taking 94-97 steps each 30s.  


Hike: Relaxed 30-40 minute hike with the family at Max Patch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment