Monday, December 19, 2011

Rest Day 12/19/11 Mini-hike

Sleep: In bed at 6:45p, but for whatever reason was unable to fall asleep for sometime.  Last I checked it was after 8:30.  Took a couple melatonin which I have not needed in a long time. About 6 months ago I was also taking some nyquil when I felt anxious before bed so my sleep recently has been significant and a big change.  Today was the first time in a long time that when the alarm went off I was asking Corey if we had any caffeinated coffee.  We did.  I felt the pep from that during the morning and energy levels were manageable to coach the PD floor 5:30-11:30 without any other coffee after my first mug was emptied by 5:30am.  

Sugar: 1 chocolate covered toffee almond

Crazy soreness:
Woke up with crazy sore calf muscles today.  I was literally hobbling a bit to walk and Corey said they look a bit swollen. Guess I really did myself in with those hill sprints yesterday.  It's been a long time since I've done any hill sprints...maybe even college??

Afternoon hike:
Went on a 40 minute hike with Corey and the dogs at Warren Wilson.  Felt good to move and made sure to get in some backwards walking down the hills to stretch out my lower legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment