Thursday, June 28, 2012

120628 Thursday

For some reason the video doesn't seem to be embedding.  You can view today's workout here. 


Sleep: poor. ~40min of the 75min drive to AVL from SC & maybe 15 minute of our 30 min drive from AVL to home.  Then in bed ~10:30-4:30a.  Ouch.  So 6-7 total.  I have not idea how I use to sleep this amount (or less) on a regular basis.  Lots of coffee and adrenaline.  Now my body is like...you were dumb, you didn't plan right, I'm not wasting your adrenaline today.

We had a great day at the lake but perhaps too much fun for a Wednesday.  We also didn't plan super well for food and that ended up being less than ideal.  When I originally scheduled a day at the lake I had myself completely off the coaching schedule for the following day.  However, earlier this week a new person was added to 5:30a Thursday and I was the one to cover her first day.  (Thank you Amber who ended up working with her & switching me to coach the others on the ID floor at that time, as my energy for a new client was a bit low.)  Needless to say we had a few drinks yesterday afternoon in the heat, not much food other than buffalo jerky, chips & gauc and blackberries. And I felt a bit hung over this morning with a headache and regular small burps that made me feel like I'd rather just puke already.

Sucked down the rest of my coffee and started my warm up around 7:30.  Slow couple of minutes on the air dyne and a jog around the building ~600m with Amber.  Sipped on some protein/refuel as I was running on empty.
A little bit of hip flexor stretching, mid back foam rollin' and I grabbed the bar.  Power clean x 5 @ 45lbs, x 3 @ 95lbs(felt heavy here) x 3 @ 125lbs, x2 @ 135lbs, x 2 @ 140lbs.  2-3 HSPUs and all slow enough that I didn't break a sweat prior to starting the clock.  (not recommended) Randomly had a bloody nose just before I was about to start.  Took a few minutes to get that under control & knocked it out.




Workout:
3 rounds for time:
7 power clean 140#
7 HSPU



Overall, I was pretty happy with the workout considering my state.  It went like this:

Round 1 7 TnG, 7 UB HSPUs...still pretty slow in the hspus but stayed on the wall
Frist round ~ 44s.
Round 2 Sectioned the power cleans into: 3, 2, 2. HSPUs UB but slow. (1:22)
Round 3: Power cleans of 4 & 3 TNG and made it through the HSPUs but felt some muscle fatigue setting in with about 2 reps left.  Had a quick flash back to regionals when I failed on the last rep of Diane, but kept focus and made it through. (1:14)
Overall time 3:22.

With proper rest & motivation I feel confident that I can go UB on the power cleans for all three rounds & shoot for a sub 2:30 overall.  On a positive the workout seemed to knock the "burping" out of me.  However, I'm thankful that there were no burpees today!  There will be plenty on Sunday...
It's our last weekend in the "country" before moving back to town.  So I will be laying low at home and appreciating the view!

1 comment: