Monday, June 11, 2012

Training 120609

A. Speed Box squat with chains 40% 1rm +20% in chains (total weight
60% 1rm); 3 reps x10; rest 1 min bw sets

80lbs on bar plus loaded both sets of chains that I have.  It felt like it would have been around 120lbs, but do not know what the chains weigh as we do not have a scale.  

B1. OHS 10, 10, 10; rest 90 seconds
85lbs, 95lbs, 105lbs 

B2. COVP chin ups amrap x3; rest 90 seconds
27, 23, 21 grip killed on last two sets.  did traditional kip as I wasn't sure I'd get chin over bar especially with how are pull up bars have the double bar on top so I was afraid to hit my head on BF kip.  Forgot how much harder traditional kip is!   


C. GHD sit ups 100 for time
This was tough in ways I didn't imagine.  I thought my midsection would give out and sometimes I can feel some instability in my low back (clunking in the bottom) but that was not the issue.  Rather my lateral shins and particularly my adductors were burning/borderline cramping for much of the second half.  I kept stopping between reps and grabbing onto the top of the GHD with my hands to take the tension off my legs at least momentarily.  
I originally noticed some tension in my adductors on the trail run intervals last Sunday.  I mentioned it to Corey but then forgot about it every time I had manual work this week and we have been focusing on trying to improve my shoulder int rotation as it is problematic in my snatch work.  But today Corey dug into my adductors and found some junk/scar tissue there.  Fun times. 


Splits were 25 in 1:00
50 in 2:30 (1:30)
75 in 4:15 (1:45)
100 in 5:59 (1:44) 


D. Powell raises 40x0, 8-10x3/arm; rest 1 min bw arms
Completed at the end of the morning. 
10x8lbs, 10x10lbs, 8x12lbsB.  Tough

No comments:

Post a Comment