Wednesday, June 13, 2012

1k Swim Mystery Solved!

I had originally swam a 1k time trail back in November while visiting home in Ohio.  I thought I had swam a 12:54 at that point.  Not knowing anything about swimming times this meant nothing to me.

However, it came up again recently on May 20th  and I was all frustrated that I didn't have a watch and had the wall clock time me at around 17:50.  I didn't feel as if I could have been that much slower, but it's clear now that my time in November was a mistake.  Whether I didn't understand the size of the pool or if I had a real inability to count laps will remain a mystery.

How did I crack the case?  Quite simply I added up the times of my 10x100m from Monday and realized that with 1 min rest b/w sets my cumulative 1k time was 16:30.  Which would mean the 17:50 for a continuos swim that I inhaled water the first couple of laps and struggled with my breathing for much of it after going out too hard makes total sense.

We can all sleep better now.  :)

We love our ruffles in AVL.  But no we don't plan our outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment