Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Improved Taste Buds!



One of my fellow coaches gave me this container of Marcona Almond Butter just before the holidays.  She raved about it and told me how she has to be careful not to eat a whole container.
I took it home and was unimpressed.  It tasted bland.  This got me thinking about the regularity of sugar in my diet.
10 days into 90 days without sugar & I pulled the almond butter back out of the cupboard.  This time it was a whole different experience; a delicious one at that!
We often don’t categorize sugar as a drug, but my first few days without it I experienced headaches in the afternoons (my normal sweet tooth snacking time) and after the headaches ended  some general moodiness which may or may not be connected to sugar.  (As a woman it’s hard to say. :) However after 10 days I’m feeling great & my taste buds seem to be functioning better as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment