Friday, January 6, 2012

Training 1/5/12 Forgotten food bag, missing MUs.

The food I wish I had at work today.


Sleep 7:30-4a
Hike: Quick 20 min evening walk with dogs

Past two days I have been a bit irritable.  I'm thinking it's probably the shift away from sugar.  And I'm making a point to eat more real food carbohydrate sources to curve it.  We made a big batch of sweet potatoes, turnips, golden beets that we first baked and then put in the big ole mixer to blend with unsweetened coconut milk and some cinnamon.  It's like dessert especially when warm, but I quickly tire of it.  

Training @ 8am
5th:
3 min @ 80%:
1 muscle up
10 lunges
I restarted this one a couple times as my muscle ups were sucking.  First I tried to do the workout without taping my wrists and I just can't hang on for shit without it.  Even with tape  I was getting no turn out at the bottom.  I finally resigned the full turn out muscle up and just got some in with bent arms.  I'm on a muscle-up slump.  Did 5 rounds. 
rest 1 min
3 min @ 80%:
row  2:09 pace
rest 1 min
3 min @ 80%:
5 ring push ups
5 KBS russian heavy 5 rounds + 5 ring push ups with 2 pood. 
rest 1 min
3 min @ 80%; 2:07 pace
row


I don't think I ate enough carbs after yesterday's workout and woke up hungry this morning.  I typically fast most of the morning, but when I felt that way I wanted to make a point to eat early.  I went back after the first hour of training clients cleared out only to realize that we forgot our food bag at home.  Doh!  So instead of eating more than normal this morning I went from 4am-nearly 4pm without any significant meal.  Had some almonds around the gym a grapefruit from holiday gifts and my post workout recovery drink that I recently started experimenting with.  By the time for the ride home with Corey my perky personality tank was past empty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment