Monday, January 16, 2012

Training 1/15/12 Dragging, Carrying Heavy Stuff





Sleep 8p-7a!

Feeling good today.  A very laid back, yet productive day at home.  Only left to run to where I did the workout on a side road about 2 miles from my house.  It was chilly  (40s) but sunny & beautiful.

Training @ 1p
Added 2 mile Z1 warm-up run to location where Corey met me with the dogs and equipment.

Reverse Drag - 1 min @ 80% grinder Tire with 25lb sandbag.  Thighs were burnin' today. 
rest 3 min x 3
+
5 min light run flush
+
Farmer walk - 100 m  35lbs KB estimated the distance with a 30s run at what my internal metronome tells me to be about 8min pace.  
rest as needed x 5 Did each at the top of every 2 min which was plenty of rest.  First three were 33-34s, then 31s and ended with 29s.  felt good
+
5 min light run flush
+
Loaded Carry - 10 min max distance - make it tough!
Carries 75lb sandbag.  Corey neglected to chart the distance.  I didn't have a clock on me I was just waiting for him to drive up beside me and pick me up.  It went faster than expected.  I can run spurts of it next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment