Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Training 1/25/12

Sleep 6:45p-4a woke up several times ~11:30, 2ish & 3:30.

Went to bed with a headache last night & it was persisting when I woke up this morning.  I was particularly sensitive to temp changes as it started throbbing when I first got into the shower this morning.  I took an excedrin which did the trick.  I try to avoid painkillers except for that one day of the month, but I think it made my morning far more productive & enjoyable.  Thank you modern medicine.

Training @ 7:30
Felt more motivated today, but being that I've been a bit off the past day or so I went into it a bit conservative.

Part 1:
 4 sets:
1 power clean
5 jerk TnG tough
10 burpees AFAP
rest 2:30
Set 1: 105lbs 33s
Set 2: 110lbs 32s (missed opening my hips on the power clean b/f the first jerk) 
Set 3: 115lbs 33s 
Set 4: 120lbs 32s Felt good! Ties my 5RM PR! 

About 12-15 minutes rest (procrastination) 
Part 2:
4 sets:
5 tough clean grip DL TnG
Airdyne 20 sec max effort
rest 3 min
Set 1: 175lbs 13 cals (no roll over) 
Set 2: 195lbs 8/10 cals
Set 3: 205lbs 7/8 cals
Set 4: 210lbs 7/8 cals 

Well, felt good during first part today and then I went into this section.  Deads felt slow and not super crisp.  AD went well for the first set, but then I didn't have much nor the motivation to drive through.  I'd call it 80-90% effort final 2 sets. Didn't feel like it was a good idea to push too deep. 

About 12-15 minutes rest. 
Part 3
4 sets:
AMRAP muscle ups
30 double unders AFAP
rest 3 min
Set 1 MU:1, DU UB (buddy lee) -I didn't warm up any MUs prior to this. Stupid. 
Set 2 MU: 4, DU 29+1 (Buddy Lee) Obviously should have warmed up 1st set. 
Set 3: MU: 3, DU UB (speed rope) experimenting w/this one.  Just cut the length yesterday & it's shorter than my Buddy Lee.  I have to keep my hands really close to not trip.  Worked for this set. 
Set 4: MU: 2, DU -rope issues.  Well, being that I cut the rope too short I had the handle as far as possible on the end of the line.  I wasn't too sure how long it was going to hold and I think it held for less than 100 total DUs. BUT this was good to show me just how much lighter that rope is than my treasured Buddy Lee.  When I picked up the BL to finish it out it felt like a weighted rope.  Good thing I ordered the multi-pack of the cable speed rope or whatever it's called.  
Regarding the MUs they're feeling fair-good, but straight arms & turn out could still use some work.  Was babying a scab from when I ripped on MU practice last Thursday, but the tape held up well.  I have struggled to MU w/out tape as it is.  

Energy levels felt much better post workout especially relative to yesterday.  (perhaps I would have been OK to dig a little deeper on that AirDyne!  Next time.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment