Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Training 1/24/12 Back squats & another 1-5 ladder

Sleep 730-4a 
Two nights in a row of some vivid dreams.  Last night I woke up at 1:15 after dreaming about driving while trying to get an address from my mom & input into my navigation system.  I was driving to go back to school (unsure as to what for) & was frustrated that I was late (again).  No clue what I was going back to school for, but I was getting irritated with my mother as she lectured me, "Are you driving while talking on the phone?" "Yes, Mom. I'm already late!"  Next thing I know I'm driving on the side of a rock face like the kind where the snow leopard hunts the mtn goat and I got to a point where I could no longer go forward or safely reverse out of the situation.  So I woke up just as i was sitting there contemplating if I could push the car door open and jump out before the car slid off the rocks.  I awoke flat on my back with my heart pounding.  One of those situations where I had to reassure myself that it was only a dream.  
The next thought that crossed my mind was, "I need to meditate about being more patient with my mother." 
I have never specifically meditated, but have been encouraged to do so recently.  I'm unsure about how to start.  Sitting still & quieting my mind is not one of my strengths.  
If anyone has any input on dream interpretation or best ways to introduce some meditation I'd love to hear about it!  :) 


Afternoon hike: 45 minutes.  Did 4 sets of 10 GHD sit-ups at the end of the morning and about an hr later a dull headache set in.  I'm unsure if it's due to the sit=ups or if I'm potentially fighting something off.  Regardless I'm headed to bed early tonight!


Training @ 7:30
A. back squat cluster @ 20X1- 2.2.2 x 4; rest 4 min b/t sets - 10 sec b/t doubles
150lbs, 155lbs, 160lbs, 160lbs F on 6th rep.  
Last time I did this  I got up to 170lbs, but wasn't feeling it today.  I am still feeling Saturday's deadlifts & posterior (specifically bilateral spinal erectors of T/L area).  I should have gotten some manual work yesterday, but neglected to prioritize it.  I did get some work after these squats and prior to the squat clean thrusters I felt some resistance to flex forward.  

B. 1-5 squat clean thruster ladders unbroken in 7 min - 85#
Result: 41 reps 1 rep shy of 3 rounds PLUS I missed the set of 3 on the 2nd round.  Couldn't remember if I had just done 2 or 3 when I decided to do 4 which is a bit against my norm, but it was that kind of day. 


Struggled with motivation here.  Took me almost a full hr from finishing my squats to get myself going on this.  I'd like to say that I then had an awesome warm-up, but that could still use some work.  I did get my HR up briefly a couple times before starting, but not to the point of a sweat.  I could use more direct guidance with what to do for warm-ups.  I get so lazy going into work outs.  My husband is the king of pushing himself before workouts.  


Once I got going my back felt fine and was a non-issue.  My mind, breathing & motivation were the main limiters.  I would probably do better if this workout was 1-5 UB with 10s rest after 1, 2 & 20s rest between 3, 4, 5, but that's the beauty of having the choice as to when to pick the bar back up.    


I wasn't destroyed after the workout, but physically I really wanted to go to bed.  Hard to get motivation back to coach the rest of the morning.  Didn't feel like my typical perky self.  :) Hard to say if I'm actually fatigued (perhaps too long of a hike on Sunday??) or if it was due to my disappointment in my output for today. 






No comments:

Post a Comment