Saturday, January 7, 2012

Training 1/7/12 10 min of DUs

Sleep 9p-5:30a.  
I am back to feeling a bit irritable.  Not sure the story there.  Perhaps I'm low in Vit D.  I usually go tanning about every 7-10 days and haven't been in a couple weeks.  Also, I have been having some caffeinated drinks here and there instead of only decaf in the mornings.  The only other difference is taking out sugar.  I don't feel sad or that I am missing out on anything.  I don' t find it hard to find energy to coach my clients, but I love coaching.  I'm a bit sluggish for my own working out and then when the coaching day is done it's hard to find motivation to take care of the stuff that goes into running a gym.  I'm also not super excited to do my own workouts.  




Did a bit of lifting with the 7am crew before my own training.  
10 min to a hang snatch double: Stayed light and focused on staying on the heels and pulling that bar in against me. 53, 63, 73, 83, 93x 2. 
OHS: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 with 3 min rest b/w.  88lbs, 98lbs, 110lbs, 115lbs, 125lbs x 1 F, 125lbs x 1.   I just couldn't end on a miss.  The second one felt much better.  
The behind the neck jerk felt not so hot.  I've never felt great BTN and it's definitely been awhile since I've done anything there.  
Got started into the following immediately after as they busted through a tough 10 min WOD of burpees & back squats that we named "Little Dutch Boy" after Dutch Lowy who programmed this workout for our affiliate back in 2010 to help determine our affiliate team that year.  
A. back squat - 60% 1RM; 8 sets of 3 @ 20X1; rest 45 sec b/t sets - work on knees out at bottom
All lifts @ 115lbs. Felt fine. 
B. squat clean - 3 x 3 @ 80%; work on speed out of bottom; rest 1 min  Again used 115lbs.  3rd rep of each was definitely slower. 
C. standing press @ 22X2; 5-6 x 3; rest 3 min  6x63lbs, 6x73lbs, 5x83lbs 
D. AMRAP DU;s in 10 min
 Went at this with small chippers.  I'm not very good at large sets as it is (PR of 60-70ish consecutive) so I just stuck with what I'm comfortable with.  
My husband did this workout on Monday as he follows the Big Dawg's Function blog.  He hit 405 so my goal was to at least better his mark.  I was a bit nervous at half way, but I held on fine.  Biggest limiter was fatigue of upper body.  Perhaps this will improve when I convert to the lighter rope.  Today I stuck with my Buddy Lee.  
I swear I did this before when I followed the Big Dawg blog, but could not find it scrolling through the archives.  I didn't keep my training anywhere other than posting results to the website.  I feel like this is definitely an improvement.  Next time I'd like to hit 500.  
Started out with 30 then a few sets of 20 but most sets were 8-20 with numerous around 10 especially the second half.  
230 @ halfway 
400 @ 9 min
440 overall 

No comments:

Post a Comment