Monday, January 2, 2012

Training 12/31/11 Split Jerk PR & Fran

Sleep: 8:30p-5:15am
Sugar: Last day for awhile and I'm over it.

PM Hike: 80 minutes

Props to Corey who took 2 min off his Fran time to beat me by 40s! 

Training @ 7:30am
Quick warm up on the rower, some upper body foam rolling, laced up the lifting shoes and got to work.
A. split jerk - build to a 1RM off the rack.  
+
"fran"

It's been at least 9 months since I have done any heavy split jerks off the rack and split jerk happens to be my favorite lift.  So it was a nice treat mixed in with a week of rowing, thrusters, wall balls and more thrusters.  :)

Went like this: 95, 115, 125, 135, 145F, 145, 150, 155, 160 PR!, 165F, 165F
Didn't have time for a third attempt at 165 as it was 8am and the group I was set to do Fran with was standing there around their bars ready to go.  I stripped my bar down to Fran weight did 7 thrusters, 7 pull-ups, hit the bathroom and they were calling for the 10s countdown.  I was hoping for a more elongated warm-up into Fran to get my HR up and a sweat going, but it was what it was.

Before I get into the Fran recap I apologize for no video on the split jerks.  I video just about everything I do, but didn't have the camera readily available when I started.  I thought about going to look for it mid way through the sets, but I got hit with a wave of superstition and didn't want to get myself thinking too much.  Nonetheless they were solid lifts.  No press outs.  For a CFer I'm pretty good at split jerking.  haha 165 went overhead in the split twice, but couldn't hold it steady to stand it up.  I think I was in a bit of shock that it went overhead.  Next time!

I was pretty excited with these numbers.  I have only hit 155lbs once and that was in competition at the OPTathlon back in October.  And I have never hit 150 in training.  So it was a 5lb lifetime PR and over a 10lb training PR.  Ok back to the Fran recap...

I was instructed to go UB on the first 21 so I did, but felt very slow in the process.  Corey (my husband) was heading to the pull-up bar when I was on rep 18.
When I got to the pullups I wasn't super focused and went 11, 16, 21.
Back to the thrusters I moved at a faster pace (as instructed) but put the bar down every 5 reps.
Back to the pullups and I think I went something like 8, 11, 15
Corey was finishing (3:53) as I finished my round of 15 pull-ups.
I woke up for the round of 9 and went UB for both to finish in 4:33 which is about a 25s PR from nearly two years ago.
I recovered super quick and actually contemplated doing it again.  That is shocking being that I have avoided this workout for nearly two years.  It hurt far less than I remembered.  Now I just need to learn to dig in a bit and not be afraid of the temporary "hurt".

No comments:

Post a Comment