Monday, January 30, 2012

Training 1/29/12 Running

Saturday night 2 glasses red wine, 2 norcal margaritas (we left our cave in the country for a few hrs :))  
Sleep: 10:30/11-6:30


Add caption


Too much sitting this morning and felt stiff going into the run.  Spend 8am-after 2pm getting caught up on admin stuff for the business.  This will be the year that Corey & I stop working from Sundays so that we can have a legit day off each week.  I was having internet issues at home today and it made the updates take far longer than normal.  But it got done. 


3pm Headed out to Max Patch for the workout. 
Corey had 60 minutes during which he had to accumulate 40 minutes of running.  There was not a cloud in the sky, but up at the bald it the wind was a bit brisk.  I did a longer warm up to avoid being done well before Corey and freezing the rest of the time. Looked like this: 


5 min walk
25 minutes of run z1/2 2-3 min with walking 1-2 minutes. 
Then I got into the workout: 
30/30 x 30
90% run
50% brisk walk x 30


I took this 90% run to be a sustainable 90% vs an all out 90% which would have deteriorated over time.  Felt strong throughout.  Some sets my brain was just on auto-pilot counting steps (averaged 95-98/30s).  Later sets I worked on some visualization and found myself losing track of time & running upwards of 40/45s a few sets.  


Until these past couple of days when I dug old journals out of the closet I had forgotten just how many years I've existed with this sense of excitement/wonderment towards success yet being so fearful to achieve it at the same time.  I was feeling those positive feelings again while letting go of the negativity that I've been carrying with them.   


What have I been afraid of?  Mostly the expectation that once I achieve a certain level of performance that I will be unable to replicate it.  Another consequence of not simply allowing myself to "be in the moment".  I'm letting go of the past and not worrying about the future.  One day at a time.   


Sunday night sleep in bed 6:45-4am.  Sleep didn't happen fully until after 9p & a sick dog woke me up at 3:30.  


Considering, energy feels good today.  Hamstrings are rather sore today.  Thanks to some good manual work from Dawn they are doing better already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment